Search This Blog

20110425

WTF Angle Bar

I remember I did a report in my Environmental Economics class about four years ago. Topic was: Standards. Unfortunately my report could not have prepared me for things I've yet to see in the construction trade.

Does somebody give a shit about standards in this country? I buy a 1-1/2" by 1-1/2" by 3/16" angle bar and I expect not a hairline smaller. But no, I get something half as thick and 1/8" shorter on either leg. Thickness is not consistent, with legs almost twice as thick in the edge, just in case somebody bothers to measure the damn thing. The butt end looks like it's been hammered in order to appear it's thrice as thick than it actually is.

This a display of our building culture and our culture as a people. This is a physical manifestation of a culture of dishonesty, corruption, theft, deception, and greed—all seen in a solid piece of steel. This is a refuse amidst a nation's building blocks, and it's saying "I'm here, whatcha gonna do?"

Lo and behold the WTF angle bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Beat Blog List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...