Search This Blog

20110304

Lullaby

There are nights where you could use a lullaby, when you wake in the middle of the night and couldn't return to sleep. Like what happened early this morning, hating breaking slumber, but a bladder call. Returning to bed I couldn't doze off anymore. Entertaining random thoughts like work, family, the future. Well, maybe not that random. And I kept hearing a Bob Dylan song over and over again.

Make You Feel My Love
Bob Dylan

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows and the star appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
There's no doubt in my mind where you belong

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling down the avenue
There ain't nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

The storms are raging on rolling sea
And on the highway of regret
The winds of change are blowing wild and free
You ain't seen nothing like me yet

There ain't nothin' that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the earth for you
Make you happy make your dreams come true
To make you feel my love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Beat Blog List

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...